Monday, March 10, 2014

Oi Familia!!! week 61

March 10, 2014
Brava

Oi Familia!!!!!!

That is so cool about your ward conference! Great job Jaydn and Jaela!!! And yes we did have carnival here this week! It was pretty crazy! Brava is probably the calmest island during carnival... some of the others get really really crazy... but they still had a great big parade and everyone dressed up in crazy clothes. All the missionaries had to go home early like we did on new years so nothing sketchy would happen. But I think it is probably the same thing or at least super similar to Mardi Gras! Because carnival was also last tuesday! That is fun that you had a yummy Mardi Gras celebration :) Also! You know how chacos are supposedly these indestructable shoes?? Haha well you know you've been on the mission long enough when those indestructable shoes are falling apart! I wish I could send you a picture! The bottom of one of them is super worn out and it was on the verge of breaking in half. But I brought it to one of our investigators and he totally sewed it up! It is a super intense fix up job! But it looks like it'll hold up at least!

Guess what happened this past saturday!!! Ni was baptized!!!!!! He was sooo excited! He showed up to the church super early- by the time me and Sister de Pina got to the church, he was already all dressed in white and ready to go! The baptism service went so well, and he was just beaming the whole night :) Then it was his birthday yesterday! He got to get confirmed on his birthday!! Awesome birthday present if you ask me!!! We made him a cake and brought it to his house after church. We sang and ate cake and had a nice little visit with him. At the end, we said goodbye, shook hands, and left. A few seconds later, he called after us "hey wait!" so we stopped and turned around. He just said "Hey thanks for the cake... and especially for all the happiness you've brought me" Awwww!! It made my heart happy :) I love being a missionary :)

Oh we also had transfer calls last night!! Sister de Pina is going to my island of Sal!! I learned so much with her and I was sad to see her go! My new companion will make it to Brava tonight, so I still haven't met her. Her name is Sister Adams and she is American. She is just a few transfers behind me. It will be goooood!! :)

I love you all!! Thanks for all your letters and love and prayers!! Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Turley :)

P.S. THAT IS SO COOL ABOUT THE SHIRTS!!!!! I am SO EXCITED!!! And SO GRATEFUL!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment