Monday, March 3, 2014

Oi Familia!!! week 60!!!!

March 3, 2014


Oi Familia!!!

I am SO EXCITED about the white shirts!!! Tell everybody thank you SO MUCH!!! Everyone here will be so grateful to get those!!! Wow! You have a huge seminary class now mom! That is good to hear that everything is going well teaching it! It is still cold at night mostly because of the wind, but definitely not as cold! (cold as in enough that I usually wear a sweater, scarf, and my rain jacket) And it is getting super sunny and hot during the day now! Also! Today should be the first day of a new transfer.... but we have one more week! I'm not really sure why, but transfer calls will happen this coming Sunday now. So I have no new news as of right now :) And Ni is doing so well!! He should be baptized this Saturday, and he is SO excited!!

This week we taught an investigator named Johnny. We found him through another investigator who lives next to him. We have been teaching that investigator for a while, and not too long ago she said "hey I have a friend who really wants to talk to you. When can you go teach him?"!! So the week before last we taught him the restoration and invited him to pray about Joseph Smith. When we came back last week, he was FULL of questions for us. He wanted to know everything we could possibly tell him. Then he went on to tell us how he has never ever wanted to be a "churchy" kind of person. When he was younger he went to a bunch of different churches but never found one he liked. So he decided he would just believe in God and leave it at that. But he said that when he saw us teaching that neighbor, for one reason or another he felt like he really needed to talk to us. And he said everything we had taught him up to that point just made so much sense. And he just felt so good about it all. At the end he said "Well then, what do I need to do to follow Christ? Because whatever it is I want to do it!" !!!!! Oh man it was amazing!! The spirit was so strong!! I am so excited to go back and keeping teaching him!

Yesterday me and my companion taught primary at church! Haha it was pretty exciting. It is so funny how kids are the same everywhere. In every language. In every part of the world. This branch has SO many kids and the primary room is the smallest thing in the world!! So we took them outside and acted out the story of Enos. Haha it was pretty funny. We talked about prayer with them and sang a bunch of primary songs. It was pretty great! 

And we are teaching a less active teenage boy named Alex, his mom Estela, and his younger siblings Vania and Valdir. They are so great!! Their mom is always so sick though, and they don't know why. Alex has to do so much to take care of their family. But they are all so positive about it all, and they all love sitting with us, and his little siblings LOVE church! They both have come to church a couple times now and want to come back every single week. And we were just thinking about how Alex is 17- that means he is a priest! So if he gets reactivated he could baptize his family!!! How cool would that be?!? So we will keep teaching them and keep them all in our prayers :)

Well that is it for this week! I love you all so much! Have a great week!!

Love,
Sister Turley :)


P.S.  Here is a picture of Jaime and her companion, Sis. Camilo from the Philippines... she went home just a week ago!  (I am hoping I hadn't sent this picture, yet :)

2 comments:

  1. Transfers already! Gosh it's going so fast now. Beautiful companionship photo, she always has the biggest smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! Sis. Camilo is SO fantastic!!! I have "talked" with her over facebook, and I just love her! Jaime has had such wonderful companions- what is crazy is counting how many transfers are left!!

    ReplyDelete