Monday, February 24, 2014

Oi Familia!!! week 59

February 24, 2014
Brava

Oi Familia!!!!!!

You all had quite the week!!! I am glad that all is well. And mom that is so cool that you want to do a 10k! You should totally do it!! And that is so exciting about the white shirts!!!!! I am SO EXCITED to get them!! Give everyone a BIG thank you from me and everyone here!!! :)

Right now we are teaching a 16 year old boy named Ni. He is one giant miracle!!!! We first met him a while back at the house of another investigator. We taught the first lesson that day, and he seemed so interested. But he doesn't have a phone, nobody here has house addresses, he lives far away from that other investigator, so we had no idea how to find him after that day. BUT! A couple weeks ago we were looking for a DIFFERENT investigator. We weren't sure at all what house it was. But we knocked on a door we thought might be it and guess who answered!! Ni!!! So he invited us in right away and we started teaching him again! And every time we teach him he just wants to know EVERYTHING! He loves sitting with us and learning all of this. He has come to church every sunday and all the church activities since then, and he even brought a friend with him! But last week we taught him the word of wisdom, and when we said we don't drink coffee he pretty much said "No coffee?? I can't do that! I drink 4 cups a day!" We talked to him a bit about it, and he said he'd try, but that it would probably take him a while to stop. The next day he drank one cup. Then next day he didn't drink any and he said he doesn't ever want to drink coffee again!! He is a miracle! It is always so amazing to find people that the Lord truly has prepared to recieve this gospel. None of that was because of us! He is just so ready! 

Well sorry it is a short email this week but that is all the time I have! I love you all!! Have a great week!  And, Happy Birthday, Phoebe!!! :)

Love,
Sister Turley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment