Brava
Minha Familia!!!
It is always so good hearing from you! I'm glad you all had a good week full of Olympics, dance classes, and crazy dreams! That sounds like a pretty fun idea in seminary too! With all the Olympic stuff! And yes I cannot believe how fast time is flying!!!
This week we were in Fogo for a few days for another zone conference. It was super good!!!! Zone conferences are always amazing. One thing I really liked from this conference is how we are all promised the holy ghost when we are confirmed. But it is up to us qualify ourselves to have the spirit. Some things we need to do are we need to be worthy, have a desire to have the spirit, and prepare ourselves as much as we can. When we do those things, we will be able to teach with power and authority, and we will be able to bring this message to the hearts of these people!
Also! Sister Yerman is leaving Brava to open Sao Nicolau for sisters!! That is SO exciting!!!! That also means that, since she was sister leader, I got a phone call saying that now I am sister leader!! Whaaaa?! I am pretty nervous, but I am also excited! Next week I'll go to Praia for my first leadership conference. We'll see how that goes!!!
Right now we are teaching a teenage boy named Lucas. We've been teaching him for a long time now, and he still doesn't think he has received an answer about the church. We have tried just about all we can think of to help him recognize the spirit, recognize his answer, but he has kind of hit a wall. Yesterday we talked with him and asked him if he is reading the Book of Mormon. He answered no- he hasn't read it for a few days now. So we read with him. We read the beginning of 3 Nefi 11, where Christ comes to the Americas. Before the people see him, they hear a voice. It is a quiet voice that pierces them to their souls. But they don't understand the voice or what is happening. Then they hear it a second time. They still don't understand. Finally, the voice comes a third time. They do their best to look to where the voice is coming from, and they try to understand. And they finally do. They realize that it is the voice of God presenting His son Jesus Christ. That is such a lesson for us. Sometimes the spirit will speak to us and testify to us, but we do not hear. For one reason or another, we do not let ourselves understand. I don't remember where I read it, but someone said that learning to understand and follow the spirit is one of the most important things we can do in this life. It is so true! It is what makes all the difference. Heavenly Father knows what is best for us and he always wants the best for us. But it is always up to us to recognize Him and recognize the spirit in our lives and choose to follow Him.
Well that is all for this week! I love being a missionary!! Not because it is easy- because I think it is pretty safe to say this is the hardest thing I've ever done. Sometimes it is quite the roller coaster working with these people every day. But this is the truth! Christ is our Savior, and everybody needs the message we have to offer. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary and and I am grateful for all the experiences I have had serving here! This truly is Christ's church!!
I love you all!!! Have the best week!!!
Love,
Sister Turley :)


No comments:
Post a Comment