Monday, February 10, 2014

Oi Familia!!!! week 57

February 10, 2014
Brava

Oi Familia!!!!!!

I can't believe you guys got so much snow this week!! That is pretty crazy!! I hope you are enjoying your snow days off of school and that you throw a snowball or make a snowman or something like that for me :) 

Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes!!! I had a great birthday here in Brava! I opened my package from you guys and got to eat a bunch of muddy buddies and skittles and what not. Then in the evening, we had an activity at the church. We had a nice little spiritual thought, played some games, and then everyone sang happy birthday and we ate cake! It was great!! :)

We are right in the middle of the transfer right now! Haha yes and running out of water /power is actually no unusual thing here to tell you the truth! I've never gone more than a few days at a time without water and no more than one day at a time without power, but even without water it is no worries because we have lots and lots of water storage in our house. And actually here in Brava, we usually run out every or at least every other week! Then we have to wait for them to fill the tank back up. It makes things pretty exciting sometimes!! 

One thing that I have definitely gained here as a missionary (and am still gaining) is an appreciation and love of the scriptures, and especially the Book of Mormon. There is ALWAYS something in there that applies exactly to us and our needs! Whether we have an investigator struggling to find their own answer to the truth of this message, or a less active member with family problems, or a strong member who we are just visiting with, there is always something perfect for them. And the words in the scriptures are the words of the prophets and of the savior himself!! So they really are the most powerful thing we can use! It is amazing!!! I love that today we have so many scriptures we are able to take advantage of- the Book of Mormon, The Bible, Doctrine and Covenants, The Pearl of Great Price... PLUS all the words of our living prophets!!! We are pretty blessed to say the least! But even with all those scriptures, it is up to us to take advantage of them. To read them and apply them to ourselves. But when we do that, we will always always always find the answers or help we need, and feel the love of our savior more in our life! 

I love you all so much! Have fun in all that snow! :)

Love,
Sister Turley


No comments:

Post a Comment