Monday, January 27, 2014

Oi Familia!!!! week 55

January 27, 2014
Brava

Oí Família!!!

I am happy to hear that Dad had a good birthday! That was a pretty great present that Jaydn and Jaela found him!!! Hahaha :) And I am glad Jaela is feeling lots better, but that is a bummer about school! :( I hope it all works out! 

Brava is great!!!! This week though I spent almost as much time in Fogo as I did in Brava because we had our zone conference there. And oh my goodness!! The boat on the way to Fogo was the craziest thing of my whole entire life!! The water was super rough, the boat NEVER stopped rocking way back and forth, water was splashing way up onto the windows, people were throwing up... Oh man... It was pretty interesting...

And I somewhat understand now why Brava is so cold!! Fogo is SO HOT!!! All day, every day. But when we were there, the sky was completely beautiful clear blue sky. Except for one GIANT cloud over Brava... hahaha... The sisters in Fogo said that cloud hardly ever leaves! And at night, you can see the little city lights of Brava, and they are WAY up at the top of the mountains! So I guess between the altitude and the giant cloud (and the wind!), Brava stays pretty cool. But it hasn't been as cold as it was that week of Christmas. But I still do usually wear a sweater and a scarf every day. 

And the conference in Fogo was super good!! One of the sisters gave a training on diligence that was especially good. One thing I thought was interesting is that our diligence is a way we can show our love for our Heavenly Father. Especially here as missionaries. Because all of us missionaries are here for 2 years or 18 months. But not all of us use our time the same way. We have the ability to waste our time away, not working as diligently as we could in the work that is in front of us. Or we have the ability to focus all of our heart, might, mind, and strength on the Lord and what He wants us to do right now. It is completely up to us to decide. And when we choose to work diligently, we are promised that we will have the Lord working right there beside us, and we will see miracles! So I will do my best to really use up all the time that I have left, and not waste a moment of it! :)

Another thing I have been thinking about is how our obedience shows our love for our Savior. We have SO many inactives here, and we are trying to hard to get them to return to church. But so many of them just have no desire anymore to do those things that the Lord asks of us. But in reality, He really doesn't ask all that much! He does SO much for us!! EVERYTHING for us! And all He asks for is our obedience. And we we always be so much happier when we choose to be obedient. I wish everyone could just understand that. I am so grateful to have a loving Savior who has shown us the way. I am grateful to have all the blessings that His gospel brings. And I am grateful to have this opportunity to share all of that with these people :)

I love you all so much! Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Turley :)

Jaela, Dad, Jaydn and the birthday kite... best ever!!!

Throw back Monday- Jaime and her graffiti :)

No comments:

Post a Comment