Oi Familia!!!!!Happy Birthday Dad!!!! I am a few days early, but I still hope you have a very happy day! I am pretty lucky to have you as my dad! :) That is pretty cool that the focus for the stake this year is temples! It sounds like all those talks were really great and that it will be a good year! (talks from our Bishop, RS Pres, and Primary Presidency over the last 2 Sundays :) )
Transfers came and went and nothing happened here on the little island of Brava! We are all staying the same! It will be another good six weeks!! :) Plus! Staying in Brava means I will have zone conference this week in Fogo! I am excited!!! Zone conferences are always so good!!!
Fun fact about Brava: There are cars here... but not very many. But one other method of travel they have is... donkeys! It seems like almost everyone here has a donkey! You always see them going up and down the streets, with either a person sitting on their back, or their back piled high with hay or whatever other plant they need to move. Maybe someday they will get us sisters a couple donkeys to ride up and down the mountains on! Haha :)
Right now we are teaching a family of Adventistas. I don't remember if that church exsists back home or not... So just in case you don't know- Adventistas are SUPER based in the Bible. Everything they do/believe comes straight from the Bible. And if it's not in the Bible... it's basically apostacy. We taught them about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon last week. They were pretty hesitant recieving it all, but they really liked talking with us and they said they would all read and pray about what we had taught. But when we came back the next time, they could not get past how the Book of Mormon could be a book of scripture comparable to the Bible. They said that yes, maybe it could be true... maybe it could be scripture... but there is no way it could be equal to the Bible. We tried explaining how one is not meant to substitute the other or anything like that, but that they work and testify of each other! We talked and talked with them for a long time, trying to help them understand. They all promised to continue to read and pray about it, so we will see what happens. But hearing all that they had to say, and talking and studying so much with them at least strengthened my own testimony of the Book of Mormon. It all just makes so much sense! This church just makes so much sense! Of course God would not leave a part of the world without guidance from prophets! Of course He would want us to have even more scripture to clarify His doctrine and testify of Christ! And aside from it all just making sense, we are promised that if we will read, ponder, and pray about the Book of Mormon with faith, believing that we will recieve and answer, we will recieve an answer for ourselves! I know without a doubt that it is true! I can feel the truth of it when I read it and when I teach about it! I love this gospel, and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share it every day here.
I love you all! Have a great week!!
Love,
Sister Turley :)
Attached is a picture of a donkey in Brava. Jaime didn't take the picture,

No comments:
Post a Comment