Brava :)
Oi Família!!!!!!
I can't believe another week has already gone by! And my first transfer in Brava is almost done!! I feel like I just got here! This Sunday we will see if I get to stay in this area longer than just 6 weeks! I'm glad winter formal was good and that Jaela is feeling better! I am very excited for the package to come!!! Thank you thank you! :)
The people and branch here are great!!! This week we had a total of 70 people at church!!! That is the most it's been since I got here! Hopefully that number will keep going up! And it is so exciting because there are lots of members here that are preparing to go to the temple!! With that new temple fund, it is SO much easier for these people to make it there! Before, they had to save up forever before they could go! But now they just have to get a temple recommend, and passport, and the church will do the rest! This week we taught quite a bit of temple lessons with our members to help them understand more about the temple and to help them make a goal of going. And it seriously just makes me so happy!!! Especially because every time we teach or talk about the temple, I can talk about our family, and how we are sealed for time and all eternity! That is such a blessing!!! :)
There is one lady named Euverinha who has been a member for years and has still never made it to the temple. But when we talked to her, she kept saying how it is her biggest dream to go to the temple and be sealed with her husband who passed away several years ago. We asked her why she still hasn't gone or even gotten a temple recommend. Because she does everything right! She's totally ready to go! She said she is not working right now, so she is not paying tithing. She said she LOVES paying tithing and that we receive such huge blessings from tithing, and that she feels so sad right now not being able to pay it! She said she just can't say she is worthy to go to the temple if she is not paying her tithing! We tried explaining to her how the Lord doesn't ask for money we don't have- we just pay tithing when we receive money. But she is so persistent about paying her tithing! She said she should start working in February, so when she starts paying tithing again, she will talk to the branch president about a recommend. It is so humbling to see all that these people here do to prepare and go to the temple! Especially since going to the temple is basically a one time thing for the majority of them. They go when they are sealed with their family/married, or leave on a mission, and that is about it! It will be SUCH a happy day when a temple is announced here in Cabo Verde!
Thank you for all the support back home! All of your prayers and letters and love! I don't know what I would do without all of you! Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Turley
P.S. Here's one of the little hole in the wall stores that have all the American goodies!!
And look how pretty Brava is!!!!! On a clear day, you can see Fogo across the water! And at night you can see all the city lights of Sao Filipe (Fogo)!
No comments:
Post a Comment