Monday, August 19, 2013

Oi Familia Week 32

August 19, 2013
Week 32
Sal, Cape Verde


Oi Familia!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!! I hope it is the best!! I sure am lucky to have you as my mom :) That is so awesome that Janell has a teaching job in SLC! I want to hear all about it! And your missionary stuff sounds like fun! Speaking of authentic foods... I think I have found a new favorite food here! Mangos!!!! I seriously think I am addicted to them! The other sisters in the house make fun of me because I eat them so much now! They are just so good!! 

This week we started an English class here! It was pretty fun! But pretty weird to be speaking English with our members and investigators! Haha. We just did really basic phrases and words and stuff and played some games. I am excited to keep it going! And I hope we'll find some more people to teach through it! I think I have told you before- but literally the only white people on this island are either missionaries or touristas. So people stop us all the time to ask "do you have an English class?" or "can you teach me English?". Now we do! 

This week we have also found quite a few new families to start teaching! I love teaching families! It is so great getting to see how the gospel impacts these people's lives and the joy they receive because of it. And when they get to experience that as a family, it is even better!! It really is amazing how my the gospel blesses families. Because families are central to Heavenly Father's plan for us! So it only makes sense that when we follow Christ and do what it right, our families are blessed! And teaching families always makes me grateful for my own family :) Because I really do have the best family!! :)

I love you all lots!!!! 

Love,
Sister Turley :)

3 comments:

  1. She is incredible! I just love reading her meters each week, full of joy in sharing the truths she brings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *letters. My phone always does that lol.

      Delete
    2. Thank you :)
      Isn't having a sister missionary the best?!

      Delete