Sal, Cape Verde
Minha familia!!!
Another week already gone! It sounds like you are all having fun with your "missions"! That seems like a fun idea :) And I cannot believe how soon Jaydn really will be a missionary! It will come so fast!!
This week has been good! Training is still great and the work is still going here :) We are still teaching that lady Ana who I wrote a little bit about last week. She is absolutely amazing every time we teach her! Every time I just hope and pray that she is feeling that same spirit that we are feeling! She still says she is a Catholic and always wants to be Catholic, but that statement is always followed by something about how different and better and happy she feels with us. It is easy to tell she has already recieved an answer and that she has already recognized that difference, but it is a hard decision for someone like her to change something that is so important to her. But I know she will get there eventually! She just needs a little more time :)
This week we have been working with a couple of our less active members. We weren't sure what to do to help a certain man named Cita. The night before we talked to him, we planned to maybe talk about the priesthood with him. But that plan seemed more like just an idea because we didn't really know what else would help. The next morning I was studying about the Atonement. I read in D&C 19:16-19 about how Jesus Christ suffered all things so that we do not have to suffer as He did- but only if we will do our part as well. That scripture seemed perfect for Cita! When I shared that with Sister Barros, she felt so too. We shared those verses with him and had a really good lesson! The spirit was so strong and I hope it will help him to come back! It really is true that all the answers we need, we can find in the scriptures! Being here as a missionary has really helped me to find a love of the scriptures. They are like our own little book of guidance and answers right there in our hands!
I love you all lots!!
Love,
Sister Turley :)
No comments:
Post a Comment