Monday, August 26, 2013

Oi Familia week 33



August 26, 2013
Week 33

Oi Familia!!!

It sounds like you had quite the week back home! Haha and I like the family picture you took with "me" in Janell's new classroom! That is pretty cool that she has her own class room now! 

Hey guess what! This week I gave another talk in sacrament meeting! And let me just say that my Portuguese has come a looong way since the last one I gave! This one was SO much easier!! Haha. I gave it on the importance of the scriptures. I used the part of Lehi's dream where he is talking about the different groups of people that he saw. There are lots of people who started on the path to the tree. But lots of these people fell off the path and got lost. Those people weren't bad people or anything- they started in the exact same way that the people who did make it to the tree started, and they really did want to make it there. The ONLY difference is that they held firm to the iron rod. And the iron rod is the word of God/the scriptures! All we have to do is hold firm to the scriptures and nothing will be able to take us off that path! That is a pretty big promise in exchange for something so small! When we take just a little bit of time to read every day, we are given so much more strength to overcome our challenges and we are so blessed!

And speaking of the scriptures, this week we are doing this activity kind of thing with a few of the families in our branch. We watch this little movie clip that shows a family each doing little things to serve others and share the gospel. Then we give that family a Book of Mormon and ask them to pray together to think of another family they could help. Once they have thought of a family, they'll each write their testimony in that BoM and give it to the family they thought of. Then we'll do a family night with both of those families together! I am excited!! It has been so good so far and I am looking forward to see what happens with these families! Sooooo I was thinking you guys should totally try it! :) It doesn't have to be a huge deal or anything, just pray and think of a family you could share a Book of Mormon with! And let me know how it goes :)

The church is true!! I just can't say enough how much I love being a missionary and getting to share this message every single day! It is the best!!! :)

I love you lots!
Love,
Sister Turley :)








No comments:

Post a Comment