July 1, 2013
Espargos, Sal, Cape Verde
I am so happy that your youth conference went so well!! It sounds like everyone had such a good time! I have the best family EVER!!! :) Really though. I love you all so so much! :)
This week was a little unusual because I spent the majority of this week in Praia picking up my filha!! Me and the other trainers got there the day before the new missionaries came. But the new missionaries don't find out who their trainers are until a meeting that next day. So the two new Cape Verdian sisters arrived at the sister house in Praia, and me and the other girl who is training were just about bursting with excitement! Haha but we had to keep it a secret. We talked a bunch with them though that morning, then we went to our meeting and they went to theirs. Then they announced who the trainers were and both those sisters just said "You already knew?! And you didn't say ANYTHING!?" Haha it was good :) Her name is Sister Barros and to answer your questions- she says she does understand a whole lot of English, but it is super hard for her to speak it. And yes I will probably end up learning at least a little bit of creole serving with her! Although creole is different on every island... So she speaks a different creole (creole from Praia) than I am used to hearing! We'll just work on getting my Portuguese down first ;)
Also, the church (and the city!) in Praia is SO much bigger than it is here in Sal! They even have a real chapel with benches and everything! I forget sometimes how new and small the church is here! But in spite of it being so small, you can just feel the spirit so strong in there with those members. It makes me so happy every day to see these people here and to feel and see the joy the gospel brings them :)
Have a wonderful week! I love you!!
Love,
Sister Turley :)
P.S. Guess who got a PACKAGE THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment