Week 24
Espargos, Sal, Cape Verde
Oi Familia!!!!!
That is such an amazing story about Tiffany and the Temple and everything that happened! That makes me so happy to hear :) And good luck with the youth conference this week! You will have to let me know how it all goes!!
Well first of all, we had transfer calls last night! Everyone though for sure I was out to another area. But as it turned out, Sister Camilo will leave! Just to the other Sal area. So we'll still live in the same house and everything :) And my new companion is......... straight from the MTC!!!! BAHHH!!! I am training!!!!! And not just training... I am training a Cabo Verdian!!!! I am so nervous but also excited!! Her name is Sister Barros. And since I am only in my 4th transfer and will be training, I get to go to a training meeting thingy in Praia this week! And then the two of us will come back to Sal! The next 6 weeks are going to be quite the adventure!! :)
We also got to go to zone conference in Mindelo last week! It was awesome as always! We watched this short video about a blind homeless man begging on the sidewalk. He had a sign saying "Blind. Please help." Only every once in a while would people toss him a few coins. Then a lady came and wrote something else on the sign. People started pouring more money into his can than could even fit. The lady came back, and he asked what in the world she did. She said all she did was keep the same message on his sign, but with different words. The sign said "It is a beautiful day, but I can't see it". Our mission president said that is like us and the spirit. We have an amazing message to share, but on our own, our words will always be inadequate. When we teach by the spirit, we will have that same message to share, but we will be able to share it with so many more people, in a way that will touch their lives forever. It is so humbling as a missionary because that is so true! Without the spirit, we really will do nothing. But with the spirit, we have the opportunity to see the gospel change lives! I love being a missionary!!! :)
I love you all so much!! Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Turley :)

No comments:
Post a Comment