Monday, July 8, 2013

Oi Familia week 26

July 8, 2013
Espargos, Sal, Cape Verde
Companion-Sis. Barros


Oi Familia!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear that you got to rest a little after the crazy past few weeks! Jaela's pig cake looked pretty cute! I hope it tasted as good as it looked! And that is so exciting about all the missionaries in our stake! Especially because being a missionary is the BEST THING EVER! ;) I am excited for you for your Book of Mormon year of seminary!! It sounds like it'll be great!! And that is awesome that you are almost finished reading it! And your beach trip looked and sounded like fun! Although it looks a bit colder than the beaches here! ;)

Training is going well! It is definitely quite the adventure, but it's a good adventure. And Sister Barros is awesome! And she totally does know how to cook!! She is making us fish tomorrow! I am excited! :) And she knows how to make cachupa! YES!!!! Haha :) 

This week was good, but there were a few days that nothing seemed to be going well. We were struggling with investigators and with our recent converts. And being senior comp with a trainee made it feel even more dificult. But then fast sunday came around. I seriously prayed probably more than I ever have and then we started our fast. And everything started to fall back into place! It was amazing! None of our appointments fell the entire day and we had some of the best lessons I've had in a while! It made me gain such a testimony of what prayer and fasting and faith really can do. 

I love you all lots!!!

Love,
Sister Turley :)




No comments:

Post a Comment