Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Oi Familia! Week 23



Oi Familia!!!!

Happy (day after) Father's day dad!!!!!! You are the best and I am so blessed to have you as my dad :) And I hope it was a great day and that you had some good smoked ribs or something to celebrate ;)

This week has been one of the craziest weeks ever!! Sister Camilo and I went on tuesday to go get the papers filled out and signed for a brother and sister to be baptized. Since they are both under 18, we needed to get the parent/guardian's signature. Their dad lives in France, and their mom lives on another island, so they live with their grandma. Their grandma is a little bit crazy :) , but she is always more than happy to see us, so we figured getting permission would be no problem. Well. We showed up on tuesday and explained how they were getting baptized that week and how they needed her permission. Woah. Her big smile disappeared and she told us that her grandkids would NOT be getting baptized. We talked with her for a little bit, but she did not change whatsoever. We had no idea what to do! Her granddaughter said she would talk to her, and that we should come back later. We fasted the whole next day and prayed for a miracle. Then we went back to talk to the three of them. They had talked to her, and she had said the same thing. We sat down and said a prayer, but as soon as we started talking, she went crazy!!! Like standing up, yelling at us, and trying to leave the room crazy!! Oh man. We did our best to calm her down and talk to her, and I honestly don't even remember most of what we said! It was most definitely the spirit talking, not us at all. We were in there for half and hour, and it was seriously the longest, most intense half hour of my life!!! But right at the end, she basically told us fine. She would sign it. BAHHHH!!!!! Sister Camilo and I were doing everything we possibly could to not jump up and down and shout for joy right then and there!! She doesn't read or write very well, so it took a good couple of minutes for her to sign her name for both of them. And the whole time she was saying she couldn't do it and she was going to give up. I was so afraid the whole time! But she finished both of them!!! And they were both baptized last saturday!!!!!! It is moments like that that make me so grateful to be a missionary!! We get to be the Lord's instruments in working miracles here!!! Because there is no other explanation of how we got that signature, other than it being a miracle from the Lord! 

Well that is my miracle story for the week. All I can say is the church is so true! Heavenly Father loves His children and will always provide a way for us when we follow Him.

I love you all lots!!! 

Love,
Sister Turley :)

P.S. I forgot my camera today... So I will send the pictures next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment