Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Oi Familia! Sister Turley update 21

Update 21
Sal Cape Verde
June 4, 2013






Oi Familia!!!!!!

Glad to hear everything is going well back home! Crazy that it is already June!! Where did the time go?? You guys are all almost done with school! And happy birthday to Granma June!! :) And that is cool about that John Bytheway book. (we shared with her a section on the Sacrament) I remember when he came for that youth conference in Portland. He was amazing!! Maybe I will have to read that book.

And that is cool that you had such amazing experiences with the temple this week! I love the temple! Yesterday in relief society we were talking about temples a little bit. After a few minutes, the lady giving the lesson asked me, Sister Camilo, and a member named Bela (who is AWESOME! Her whole family is amazing! And they were sealed in the temple last year!) to share how the temple has blessed us, because we were the only ones there who had ever even seen a temple, let alone had the opportunity to go inside. It made me realize how much of a blessing that is to have a temple so close back home, and to be sealed to my family. 

This week Hélida was baptized!!!! She is amazing! One of the first times we taught her, we found out she had just lost her dad not very long ago. We were able to have a couple pretty amazing lessons with her and help her to understand about the plan of salvation, and how she can see him again. She has an amazing testimony now, and it made me so happy getting to see her take that step of baptism! 

I love you all lots!! 

Love,
Sister Turley :)

And P.S. Did you know that I am a SISTER MISSIONARY?????????????????????????????????? And that Daniel has been an elder for almost a YEEEEEEEEEAR????? And that next month I have already been through 1/3 of my mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did that happen???????????????

2 comments:

  1. So awesome! My hubby Brad lost his dad about a year before he joined the church...the Sister Missionaries taught him that he could be with his dad again someday, and he was ready to be baptized when the spirit spoke the truth of it to his heart :0) Love reading these letter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoy the letters :)
    I love hearing of the Spirit's influence in the lives of the people there. And, I love that our Jaime gets to witness that- best thing ever :)

    ReplyDelete