Week 22
Sal, Cape Verde
Oi Familia!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe you guys are all already almost done with school! Where does the time go?? Haha yes I do remember sitting in the car with you Mom- waiting for Jaela and Jaydn to be done with school! Good days :) And your singing in the stores. Hahaha :)
This week has been good here! We have been working a whole lot with a girl who is 17 and her brother who is 14. They are both awesome!!!!! Seriously. The spirit is SO strong when we teach them. They are so prepared for the gospel, and we have seriously seen miracles with them! She was supposed to get baptized a few weeks ago, but she wouldn't to church and we knew something was up with her. And we heard a rumor from one of our members that she just found out she was pregnant. But what are you supposed to do with that kind of information?? "So umm... We hear you are maybe going to have a baby?" We tried absolutely everything we could think of to get it out of her and also tried to help her understand about the Atonement and how even when we make big mistakes we can always repent and be forgiven. Nothing worked! So finally, the member talked to her and Whitney told her she was just afraid of what we would say and that she wouldn't be able to be baptized anymore. So we finally just flat out asked her (haha actually I made Sister Camilo do that part!) and she just nervously laughed and said it was true. FINALLY! We told her how exciting that is that she will be a mommy and that of course she can still be baptized! She was SO relieved and now hopefully they will both be baptized this week! I am SO EXCITED!!! :)
Also, some of the members have asked me to give them piano lessons! There is literally only one man in our branch who knows how to play the piano, and he usually just asks me to play because he only knows a couple of the simplified hymns. It has been exciting because the first day I tried to teach, I realized that I know basically NO piano/music vocabulary! So I was fumbling my way through trying to explain everything, and I got to explaining about beats. The portuguese word for beat is batamente (I am pretty sure...!), but amidst all the other new portuguese words I was using, I called it a batata. The girl I was teaching busted out laughing because in portuguese, batata is potato! So next time you play piano, don't forget about those potatoes! ;)
I love you all lots!!
Love,
Sister Turley :)
No comments:
Post a Comment