Monday, May 13, 2013

Update #18


May 13, 2013
Update #18
Sal, Cape Verde


Oi familia!!!

It was SO good to see you and talk to you yesterday!!!! You guys are the best and I love you lots in case you didn't hear that enough :) Congratulations to Parker!!!!! (her cousin, who was just called to serve in the South Dakota Rapid City Mission) That is way exciting!!! He is going to be an awesome missionary!

Sally was baptized this week!!!! She is the one who is just a little older than me, and she has the super cute little boy named Marçel. She is always so happy, but she was just beaming after the baptism! That is always the best part. Getting to see just how happy they are after making that step to be baptized. It is the best!! We are also working with some of her family right now. Her little brother Djordy will hopefully be baptized soon, and we've sat a couple times with her mom and two of her sisters. We are trying to keep them all going because that would be the best thing ever for them!!

And today is the first day of my third transfer!! I feel like the last one was the fastest 6 weeks of my whole life! I am staying in Sal but getting a new companion since Sister Chidester goes home next week! She's flying to Sal tomorrow, so I haven't met her yet. But her name is Sister Camillo and she is from the Phillipines! 

The picture I sent is from a place called Buracona. It is so beautiful! And there's one spot that you can look down into this big hole in the rocks and if you go at the right time of day, there is a suuuuper bright blue spot in the middle of the water. I think they call it the eye of Buracona or something like that.

I love you all! 

Love,
Sister Turley :)

P.S. I have yet to get an africa dress! So mine is a panel from a China store. But the tie dye dresses are from Praia and I think Chidester got hers in Mindelo when she served there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment