Monday, May 6, 2013

Oi Familia update #17

Oi Familia!!!

Happy Anniversary!!  I'm glad you guys had a happy day! And can I just say that I am so thankful that you two are married and especially that you are married in the temple! In the short time I've been here I have gained so much more of an appreciation for the family. No one gets married here. Even if they have a family and have lived together basically their entire lives, no one gets married. But being married along with centering that marriage and family on Christ make all the difference. And to have the knowledge that we really can be together forever! There is nothing better! I feel so blessed that I have had that my entire life! :) And while I am talking about families... I get to skype you NEXT WEEK!!! :) Just saying... I am way excited! :)

This week we spent the last few days in Mindelo! And.... Cape Verde officially has two stakes!!! Mindelo has a stake! 
It really is so exciting being in this mission because the church is so small. My whole island only has 2 little branches! But because it is so small it is easy to see just how fast it really is growing! Because it is growing SO fast!

The district/stake conference went so well too! Elder Teixeira came and spoke and it was amazing! And I got to accompany the choir which ended up being quite the exciting task! But everything worked out in the end and the people here really do just sing with all their hearts!! It was fun to be a part of. Plus they all have matching dresses they wear... It's pretty great :) I am sending a picture of them for you :) And I am sending some pictures of Mindelo- It is such a beautiful city!! 

I love you lots!! And I will talk to you sooooon!!! :)

Love,
Sister Turley :)




No comments:

Post a Comment