Oi familia!!!!!!
I am happy to hear that life is good back home! Sal is the best! And life is great here! And that is so funny about you having to give a talk next sunday! Especially since me and my comp were talking to our branch president yesterday and right at the end he said something to me. I had no idea what he said except for something about next week and tithing. So I asked him to repeat it and...... I am giving a talk too! So I am giving a talk... in Portuguese! Oh man. This could be exciting. But we get to give talks on the same day! :) I'm glad you get to go to the temple so much! That is really the best! I wish there was one here! No temple until next July... Oh well :)
This past week we had planned to baptize that mom and her two kids that I had written about a few weeks ago. We have been working with them just about every single day for a long time now and she really is just so good! She knows it is all true and she can feel a difference in her and her family. But she decided not to be baptized. It was a pretty big bummer because we know this is just what that family needs right now! So I really really hope someday they will... but that is not right now. All we can do now is keep loving them and keep praying for them
But we are still teaching Anildo! Haha he is the friend of Crisanto- the same Crisanto that had us teach Danildo who was baptized last week. And Crisanto is so awesome!!! He is a recent convert and basically just wants the whole rest of the world to be baptized right now. So with Anildo, at first sometimes we would wonder if he really did want us teaching him or if Crisanto was seriously just talking him into it so much that he felt like he had to sit with us! But now when he sits with us he is just so happy! All the time! It has been pretty cool to see him change like that :)
I love you all lots!
Love,
Sister Turley :)
P.S. Here's a picture for you of a doll that belongs in Sid's room. Creepy!! That's basically what all kid toys look like here...
P.S. [It was] so creepy!!!!! There was one doll that was sitting on the shelf behind one of our investigators that had no eye balls. Just black holes. WAY CREEPY!! Then the little girl took it down and started shoving things into the eyeballs... soooo creeeeepy
No comments:
Post a Comment