Monday, April 22, 2013

Oi Familia update #15



Oi familia!!! 

That is awesome about your talk! I am so happy that it went well! I gave my talk yesterday too! It was pretty exciting! I literally wrote it all out and followed it along with my finger, but that is ok! It went really well :) Hahaha yes I AM a sister missionary!! How did that happen?? ;) That is way exciting for Parker!!!! My guess is.... Texas or Spain! :) And congratulations to Janell!!!! You will have to bring a Flat Stanley of me or something to the graduation... haha :) 

It has been another great week here! And the best part was... Anildo was baptized!!! I honestly don't think anyone could look happier than he did when he came up out of the water! He was just beaming! I don't think there's many things better than seeing something like that :)

Another exciting part of this week was at our district meeting on Saturday. Because I realized I could understand just about everything that was said!!! Well... At least everything the American missionaries said. Other accents are still a little harder. But it was so exciting! 

This morning we went to the Salinas! It's basically these big salt flats they have here. Which are the reason this island is called Sal! But to get to them you either have to pay to get through the gate or you basically climb up and over a small mountain... So guess which one we did! ;) That is where these pictures are from. There were some parts that were just dry salt flats and some parts that were like little lakes. Those ones were super weird because they looked like the bottom of the lake was covered in snow! 

I love you all lots! Thanks for all your prayers and letters and love! :)

Love,
Sister Turley :)





2 comments:

  1. Love her enthusiasm-and that she understands the language already. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Yes!!!
    How long until your daughter leaves?

    ReplyDelete