Monday, April 8, 2013

Week #13




Hello!!

Life is great here! Everything goes so fast here though! I seriously feel like I was just writing last week's email! Your beach trip looks and sounds like it was a blast! Although I have to say that beach looks WAY colder than the ones here!! Haha sorry :) 

Conference weekend was quite the adventure here. The chapel was packed for every session! I think the vast majority, if not everybody, watches it at the church. It was like a mean trick to hear the voices of the prophet and apostles and then have it cut out to an interpreter with a super thick Brazilian accent! But it was still great! And it was a testimony builder for me to see that even though I couldn't understand a whole lot of what was said, I could still recieve the answers I needed and feel the spirit as I watched. I love conference!! Oh and did you know that Elder Scott records his talks into Portuguese (and I am pretty sure Spanish too) before conference?? So that one was really his voice! And I totally did hear when they were talking about Africa!!! Not quite this part of Africa... but still!! It was pretty cool! 

Mindelo (I am pretty positive this time!) is officially becoming a stake next month!! So the first week of May we will have 2 stakes here in Cape Verde!!! So exciting!!! And I did hear about how the sisters will have new leadership positions now! That is so weird! But awesome!! I am excited to see all of these changes that are going to happen over the next few months!

One of the best parts of this week was.... Danildo was baptized!!!! He is awesome and was just so ready! He accepted everything we taught him right away and was already living almost all of the commandments. And what he wasn't living he stopped as soon as we taught it. Seeing him baptized was awesome!!! :)

I love you all lots!! 

Love,
Sister Turley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment