Oi familia!!
Glad to hear all is well back home! That is awesome about Jaydn and Jaela's swim meet!! And crazy about the number of missionaries they are expecting by the end of this year!! Woah!!! And so exciting for Nikki! I'm glad her farewell went well :)
The other day Sister Chidester and I were walking through the street and saw this lady cooking these fried bread ball thingies. She got super excited and said they are delicious! But right then a member came up and started talking to us- so she kept talking to them and told me to buy 8. Well. I went up and asked her to have 8. She told me how much that would cost. I had NO clue what in the world she told me though!! But I didn't want to interrupt Sister Chidester, so I took out a bunch of coins and showed her, figuring she would take what she needed and give me the change. She took it all! At first I thought she was totally just ripping me off, but then she started piling them into a bag!! I didn't know how to stop her though!! So I just started laughing like crazy at she looked at me with a suuuper confused look and handed me the bag. I don't even know how many were in there! We had enough to share with the other missionaries and still have way more than we could eat. At least they were yummy!!
Cool experience of the week. We were walking to an appointment and this girl comes up to us and says she wants to come to church and for us to teach her! She is a young mom with 3 kids and is just so cute and happy all the time! We talked with her for just a little bit and then came back a couple days later. We met up with her at someone else's house, so instead of going back to her house, we just taught her on the sidewalk. She told us how ever since she spoke with us she has just felt so good and so much lighter. Over the course of the next few minutes we sat with her, bunches and bunches of kids came and sat with us. It was crazy!! They all wanted to hear what we were saying, but it was making it pretty hard to teach her. So we just taught a super short lesson and told everyone we were going to end with a prayer. Every one of them became completely silent and closed their eyes. There was such an amazing spirit that came that I can't even describe! It just made my heart happy :)
And the best part of this week was.... Fatima was baptized!!! She was so excited too! I'm pretty sure she invited the entire city! But it was seriously the best feeling in the world to get to watch it all. The best!!!
I love you lots!!
Love,
Sister Turley :)
I love the imagery of the children gathered around the sister missionaries--what a beautiful picture!
ReplyDelete