with our Jaime and how impressed he was with her- with the "light" she radiates.
"She is light," he said. It was pretty wonderful. :)
Enjoy!
Mike & Pam
March 18, 2013
Oi familia!!!!!
That is an awesome story about the Hong Kong temple! (click here for that story) And so exciting about the mission calls missionaries who are about to go! Thanks for keeping me posted on those :)
This week was THE BEST!!!!!! We all flew to Mindelo for the missionary zone conference and the Mindelo district conference. And I can't even begin to tell you how amazing it all was!! Elder Kearon is amazing!!! All the sisters called him the president of disneyland. Haha because I'm pretty sure he is the happiest man in the whole world. But really. He spoke about choosing to be happy and joyful no matter what our circumstances are. And how our best is good enough, and how the Lord always hears our prayers. He will always understand how we feel and He will always want to help us and comfort us. I really don't even know how to tell you about it all except for that everything he said was exactly what I needed to hear. I wish you could have heard it!! It was so so so good!! And then sunday night when we got to the airport, we found out he was taking the same flight as us! So we all got to talk with him while we waited, and then he sat right next to us and we got to talk with him even more! We all asked him questions about him and his family and his calling and lots other questions we had about other things. It's not every day you get personal question and answer time with a general authority! And he was just amazing to say the very least. It was such an amazing week there!!
Hey on a side note guess what we found while we were in Mindelo! There is a little pasty shop there that has.... chocolate croissants!!! Hahaha! :) (for those of you who don't know, Chuck's Produce in Vancouver has the best chocolate croissants!!! except apparently so does Cape Verde!!)
Well that's all for now. I love you lots!!
Love,
Sister Jaime Turley :)
P.S. Sister Chidester and I have a baptism this week! Man! So much I mean to write in my emails and then i forget!! But her name is Fatima and she is awesome!! And we are teaching a family - a mom and three kids - that I reeeeally hope keep progressing!! We marked a date with them to be baptized next saturday- well her and the older two because the youngest isn't 8. She is so cute and her kids are crazy!!! But we love them! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment