I am glad to hear things are great back home! That is pretty funny about your temple trip... and your facebook stalking... :) And super exciting about Breegan and Gideon!!! I wish I could be there for it! And your youth conference sounds like it is going super well!! That is such a cool thing you get to do! And that is cool about you guys reading The Book of Mormon and noticing all that! It is crazy how such different things stick out every time you read it. I am reading it for the second time since leaving and I love it! And it is cool reading it as a missionary because seriously everything in it relates to missionary work!!
This week our one branch here is Sal was split into 2! It is pretty exciting if you ask me!! Although not technically because the leaders flights fell through and things happened... so there's kind of no callings in branch 2... haha you can imagine how well that works out. But regardless! 2 branches here! Woohoo!!
One cool thing about teaching here is when we teach on the street (instead of in a house...) we usually start with one or two people. And by the end we have a whole group! There's this one guy we have been teaching and last time we met with him there were at least 8 more people by the time we were done!
And things are just going so great! It is still super hard to speak and understand but if there is one thing I have learned so far, it is that the language is not important. I definitely have to remind myself of that all the time, but it is so true. I can have almost no idea what's going on and they could have no idea of what I am saying, but the spirit can still be there. Because it's the spirit that is what is teaching them!
I love you all!!
Love,
Sister Turley :)
She is so beautiful & happy! How could anyone not open their door to that lovely face? :)
ReplyDeleteLoving the cornrows. I'm kind of surprised they let them do that, but it's so fun and cute! I need to make sure my little fam is writing to her!
ReplyDeleteHaha they are fun;)
ReplyDeleteThere are probably things specific to each mission that you probably couldn't do in other missions. The Sisters there can wear sandals. Chacos are the sandal of choice... who knew?! ;)