Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Oi familia!!!!!! Week #3

Oi familia!!!!!! So good to hear that things are going well back home! And thank you so much for the package!!!! I LOOOVED it!! Hahah :) So did my companion! The muddy buddies were gone pretty darn fast! And thank you for the tights and everything else in there! Haha and yes!! The secret of success here is definitely the BYU creamery chocolate milk! Breakfast, lunch, and dinner!! Haha not really... but it is definitely a plus! Hey guess what!!! Today marks my halfway point at the MTC!! WOAH!!! Sister Wilson and I have been singing "Wooooah! We're halfway there! Wooooah! Livin' on an oração!!!" Haha but seriously!! Three weeks from today we'll be on a plane to CAPE VERDE!!!! Everything is going so well here!! The Portuguese is coming slowly but surely. Only everyone keeps telling us that we'll get there and they'll speak Creole anyway... soooo it's going to be quite the adventure! But I am getting better at teaching every time we see one of our investigators! Our last lesson went so well and I was able to say so many things that I hadn't even really planned on saying! It was pretty fantastic. Sister Wilson and I have started a list of "You know you're at the MTC when...". Here's some of them:

  • When you haven't opened a door for yourself in 3 weeks 
  • When you sing in a choir with way more boys than girls 
  • When your hear from a member of the 70, 12, general primary president, and general RS president all in 10 days 
  • You start sacrament 3 minutes early AND the meeting starts at 7:30am anyway 
  • Girls harmonize in the showers to "Nearer My God to Thee" and no one even thinks twice about it 
  • When you get told "good morning" in 6 different languages all before breakfast 
  • When everyone cat calls at the kiss between Joseph and Emma in the Joseph Smith movie 
  • When 2 fire alarms go off in 1 week!
  •  Burnt popcorn in the residence hall at 10 pm making the sister missionaries run around in their towels and pajamas... scandalous!! 
  • When the stack of letters for your district smells like the perfume of the girls writing to their missionaries 

I still absolutely love it here! I am learning so much every day and the spirit is just so strong! And it is such an amazing thing to watch the number of sister missionaries increase so much just over the 3 weeks I've been here! We take up almost the whole gym! Oh! Sorry this letter is so short! I tried sending pictures and it didn't work and it just used up my time... but I'll try to send some and write more next week! I love you all so much!!! Thank you for your letters and everything! Love, Sister Turley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment