Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Oi Familia!!! Week #4

Oi Familia!!! I have some packages sitting on my desk waiting to be opened tomorrow!! Thank you thank you!! :) And I am loving my warm tights!! We get to go to the temple every P-Day. We've done a couple endowment sessions and a couple initiatories. It is the best having a temple just a block away! My favorite food has got to be the chocolate milk ;) And the icecream every sunday and wednesday! And as far as a favorite speaker goes... I don't think I could pick just one!! They are always so amazing!! I wish I could tell you about all of them! And Portuguese is coming along slowly but surely! Yesterday my district did "Fala Sua Lingua" or "Speak Your Language"... meaning for the entire day we spoke (almost) only Portuguese!! It was definitely a challenge and usually we had to speak kind of slow... but it was so great! And it is crazy to think that 2 weeks from today we'll be doing that all day every day!!! Woah!!!! Sundays honestly seem quite a bit like every other day except for P-Day- except that we have sacrament meeting. We start off with sacrament meeting at 7:30 in the morning. And the MTC is seriously the only place in the world I think that you can have a meeting that early and have every one there on time and have your branch president start 3 minutes early! No joke. Every week we have to prepare a 3-5 minute talk in Portuguese. You don't know who will give the talks until they announce it at the beginning of the meeting! Sister Wilson gave a talk the very first week we were here- but luckily the first week they let you speak English :) I haven't been called up there yet... I'll have to keep you posted on that! After two Portuguese talks, a member of the branch presidency and his wife speak for the rest of the meeting. After sacrament meeting we have some study time and then we watch music and the spoken word right before relief society. RS is with all of the sister missionaries all in the gym and we always have an amazing speaker! And just in the few weeks I've been here the number of sister missionaries in there has grown to take up probably at least 3/4 of the gym! So exciting! After that we have more study time/lunch time and then our district meeting. After district meeting we can study more or walk to the temple or go to choir practice. Then we have dinner and a devotional and finish off by planning for the next day! Woah sorry that took so much to explain! But that is my sunday :) This week has been a little bit of a bummer because I have had a pretty nasty cough. But I've been using your essential oils and they are seriously like magic! Haha. We put them in the humidifier we got from the clinic and made our room smell SO strong of peppermint and other oils. And Sister Wilson has taken good care of me :) Guess what!! Sister Wilson and I get to do a musical number for a meeting before we leave! They do auditions every thursday and we auditioned last week with her on cello (yep! we both play cello!) and me on piano to a medly of I Feel My Savior's Love, How Great Thou Art, and Whenever I Hear the Song of a Bird (or whatever that song is called). And they are having us play! We're not sure what meeting yet but it could be for the sunday night devotional or relief society or some other meeting. I am excited!! And can you believe that in TWO WEEKS I'll be in AFRICA??? And that I am a MISSIONARY??? Haha... But seriously... crazy stuff :) I love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers and letters! I can't even begin tell you how much they help :) Love, Sister Turley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment