Serving an 18 month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Cape Verde Praia Mission, and loving it!
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Oi!!! Week #2
Oi!!!
I am glad to hear things are going well back home! And I so wish I could have seen Phantom of the Opera with you!! But I'm glad you had fun :)
Haha your trip to Temple Square sounds like it was fantastic! Sometimes I still see sister missionaries and think "Oh look! Sister missionaries!!" And then I remember I am one too... ;)
HAPPY (ALMOST) BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!!! I hope you have the best birthday and be sure to eat a big piece of cake for me!
Yes I got all your pictures and I loooove them!! And the Elder Holland quote was the best! And speaking of Elder Holland..... HE CAME AND SPOKE THIS WEEK!!!!! No joke!! It was UH-MAZ-ING!!! He talked about missionaries and how this is the most exciting time ever to be a missionary. He said because of that we've got to be the best missionaries ever. He spoke about how we had better come home with at least one convert and that It. Better. Be. YOU! We can only bring others to the gospel if we ourselves are converted. Haha then he said that if you go inactive after you come home after your mission then "You better not see me in a dark alley! I'll go crazy!!" I also really liked how he said that no other institution would put their future in the hands of 18 and 19 year olds. But the Lord trusts US! And he has given us this amazing work to do!!!
We are so spoiled with speakers here!! Haha :) We had the general primary president speak in relief society this sunday. It was SO good!!! She used primary music all throughout her talk. She also showed us this video that was AMAZING!! I can't remember what's it's called - something about joy - but if I remember I will let you know!
So remember how everyone told me that the people here at the MTC wouldn't even know what to do with me and my Russian accent?? Well... apparently I speak Portuguese with a Russian accent... Hahaha... My whole district thinks it's the funniest thing in the world. And my companion now speaks in a Russian accent all the time!! It is pretty funny :)
Yesterday we started teaching our second investigator. I had planned out basically exactly what I would cover and then figured out how to say it in Portuguese. But when we got in there, her questions and previous knowledge pretty much threw that plan out the window. But it was amazing!!! I had answers for everything she said and I hardly had to think of the words to say it! I was saying words I thought I didn't even know! I mean it is still super hard to understand what is being said lots of the time and figure out how to say what I want to say... but it is so amazing how much the spirit can help you while you teach!
Well that's about all I've got time for. I still love it here!! I wish I could tell you everything about it!! I love you all!! And thank you for all your letters and prayers and support! :)
Love,
Sister Turley

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment