Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Called to Serve





I have many entries to write to catch up from the last several days.
But as I sit here at 1am on January 9th,
I just had to write now.
My heart really is full.
This evening we went to the Portland Temple. In the morning, Jaime leaves for the MTC.
Jaela really wanted to go as a family once more before Jaime left.
I watched Jaydn, Jaela and Jaime do baptisms,
and my heart literally felt like it would burst.
I know that might sound corny, but it is really how I felt.
I love my family so much.
I am so thankful for temples.  For the covenants we make.
For a loving Father in Heaven who gave us families, and
wants us to be forever in them.
I felt so happy to be the mother of our children.
I love them to the moon and back.
So happy to be the wife of such a wonderful man.
He is part of me.
And, I felt so happy to be sending out a missionary.
So happy for Jaime.  So happy for the decisions she has made.
For her obedience to God's commandments and
her love for Him.
Her willingness to sacrifice eighteen months to let the people
of Cape Verde know of the love God has for them,
and to help them go to the temple and become forever families.
Tonight after we read scriptures and before we prayed we sang.
Jaime chose a "Missionary Hymn", so we sang "Called to Serve."
Of course it made me cry.
19 years ago I sat in the MTC with my dear friend Pam Penton,
and my sweet little Janell who was not quite 2, and my Jaime
who would be born in about 4 months.
I watched the "Called to Serve" video and pleaded with the Lord for a son.
I wanted a missionary so much.  It was a new feeling.  I honestly couldn't ever
stand that hymn before... how the YM would sing it all happy and loud,
What were they thinking??  It bugged me.
Until then.
I loved it.  I wanted a missionary.  I knew my baby soon to be born was a girl,
so I pleaded for a son to come later- Little did I know I would have a missionary and  a son.
19 years later here we prepare to send off that baby- to a country
we had never even heard of.
And it is all wonderful.
I feel so intently blessed.
I love my Heavenly Father.
I love the Gospel.
And I love that daughter who will leave for the MTC in a few hours.
Our Memes...
have the best 18 months!
We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment