Serving an 18 month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Cape Verde Praia Mission, and loving it!
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Sister Jaime Turley
Our Jaime just left for the MTC. I thought I would need a paper bag to breathe into. I remember how hard it was to leave Janell in China- knowing we just couldn't talk or see her. Now, Jaime is going and we won't see or talk to her for 18 months... whoa. I had read on the Missionary Mom email group that you can ask about accompanying a missionary to the gate. They let Mike and I BOTH go! Jaela and Jaydn both gave her big hugs at the security gate, and then Mike and I walked her to C-7. The lady behind the counter asked if we wanted her to take our picture... HECK YES!!! Then we gave a bazillion hugs
and waved and took pictures as she walked down into the plane. We watched the plane get ready and pull out and take off. We wondered what the pioneers would have thought. And, we thought about how different things will be for the next 18 months. We are so excited for Jaime and this part of her life. But, we walked a little slower back to the car...
Jaime was met in Utah by Aunt Terri and Uncle Jay. They got to take her to the MTC. And, they took pictures for me :). Aunt Terri "cried buckets" for me- the people in the car by them even asked if it was their only child :)
Jaime called us right before she went in. It was great to hear her, and it made me cry buckets.
Happy tears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment