Monday, April 28, 2014

Oi Familia!!!!!!! week 68

April 28, 2014

Oi Familia!!!
Happy 25th anniversary this week mom and dad!!!! You have been married a whole quarter of a century!!! That sounds like a pretty fun music festival the youth are having in June! That is fun that Jaela gets to play in the orchestra! Ohh and I will cross my fingers for you that some of the warm Cabo Verde weather makes it to Washington this week! Haha ;)
Things are good here in Boa Vista! The work has been a little on the slow side, but we are always getting to know everyone better and hopefully things will start picking up a little this week. And to answer your question- It being really touristy here just means everything is pretty expensive, there are a whole bunch of white people everywhere, and so everyone who doesn't know us assumes we are tourists who do not speak Portuguese but need a taxi. But it also means it is pretty easy to find everything we need! The grocery stores are nice a big and what not. And it is touristy because it is beautiful!!! We seriously live right on the water- you can see the turquoise ocean right out our window! And from lots of the streets we work in. It's a nice little perk!
This week at church on Sunday I was asked to give a talk! And you would have been so proud! It was the first talk I've ever given that I didn't write it all out word for word!! Haha. That is a big deal for me. It was about "Prepare every needful thing". I talked a bit about that story in the New Testament about Mary and Martha. You know, when Christ visits them and Martha is all worried about taking care of everything, and Mary just sits at Christ's feet and listens. I've never thought about how Martha wasn't doing anything wrong. She was just taking care of everyone, just trying to help. And serving others is a good thing! But Christ explains how there is only one needful thing. That is such an important lesson for us to learn! There are so many good and necessary things we all have to do every day, but we cannot let those things become distractions. We always need to take some time to remember our real priorities. And we need to put Christ at the very top of those priorities! When we do we will always be so very blessed :)
Have a great week!! Happy anniversary!!!! And happy end of April!!! I cannot believe it is already almost MAY!!! I love you!!

Love,
Sister Turley :)

Baptism in Brava

View from their house

Jaime and the tuna fish...

No comments:

Post a Comment