Brava
Oi Familia!!!!!!
Thank you so much for registering me for classes! I can't believe that it is already time to have a class schedule!!! AHHH!!! That is too crazy. That will be so fun for you guys to go to conference!! That is always so awesome to actually be there! It is kind of a bummer deal with general conference here in Brava because apparently the internet is too slow to watch it live... So the branch will download it and watch it the weekend after. Bummer!!! But we will definitely stick it on a flash drive or something next P-Day to watch it ourselves! I LOVE conference!!!
We had divisions with sisters from Fogo this week! Sister Wilson and Sister Webb!! It was the best!!! They are both really amazing sisters, and they helped out our branch and our areas so much this past week!
This week we started teaching this couple named Bella and Rodgerio. They are SO AWESOME! She is Italian/American and he is Cabo Verdian/Portuguese/lived in America for a long time. That means she does not speak Portuguese, and he really only speaks Creole and English. Soooo... that means we have to teach in English! And let me just say that after more than a year of ONLY teaching/praying/talking in Portuguese... it is hard!! How does that happen?? I felt soooo strange. Seriously. I think I gave the most awkard opening prayer of my life. But anyway. They loved each other so much when they were younger and wanted to get married and have a family together. But stuff happened and they were seperated. But now many years later they found each other again through facebook, live together literally at the very top of Brava, and want to get married! (The entire time we talked to them, he kept referring to Bella as his future wife! They are too cute!!) They both had a pretty rough, wild youth- espeically Rodgerio. They've calmed down a bit, but they both still smoke and drink and he's got some pretty nasty tattoos. But now all they want to do is have a new start! When we sang an opening hymn with them before teaching them for the first time, you could see this light especially in Rodgerio's eyes. His face changed completely. The spirit was so strong. Afterwards he said it gave him goosebumps and he didn't understand why. This couple is just so prepared for the gospel! I am so excited to continue teaching them. I really hope that we are able to help them!
Have a wonderful conference weekend!!! I love you all so very much!!!
Love,
Sister Turley
P.S. Have I told you recently how much I absolutely LOVE being a missionary??? It is pretty much the best ever :)
Sister Turley photobombing :)
And she is such a cute photobomber! I JUST SAW YOUR COUNTDOWN AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHaha I scoured all of the Cape Verde blogs to find that! Haha and I KNOW!!!!!!! I cannot waaaait!!! We are in double digits!!!
Delete