Monday, December 9, 2013

Oi Familia week 48!!! Transferred!!!

December 9, 2013 (11 month mark!)
TRANSFERRED AGAIN!!!!!!


Oi Familia!!!!!
 
Well after only 6 weeks in Praia, President called to say I had been transferred!!!!! I can't believe it!! One transfer in Tarrafal... one transfer in Praia... and now... off tooooo..... BRAVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!! Right now I am in FOGO! I took a plane here this afternoon. And oh man! The airport in Fogo is the tiniest thing IN THE WORLD! It is seriously like the size of a gas station. And now in a few minutes I will get on a BOAT to get to BRAVA!!!!!! I am a little nervous for the boat though! Because all the missionaries who take boats here say they make you sick. Sooo... we'll see how that goes. But it will be GREAT!!!!!

 
This last week in Praia was great!!! Danizia was baptized!! She is a young mom who we taught the 1st lesson to on our very first night in Praia. We have been teaching her throughout this transfer, and she was finally baptized this week! She was so excited and so ready! But on friday they always have an interview with the elders to make sure that they understand and are willing to keep all the commandments and everything and that they are ready to make the covenant of baptism. We ran into her earlier that day, and she was all ready and excited to go later that day. But when we got to her house, she wasn't there! We tried calling, and her phone was turned off. We asked all her neighbors, and none of them knew where she went. We waited for a long time, hoping she would come, but she just didnt! So finally I said to Sister Lopes "We need to go say a prayer". So we went a found a little empty street and said a prayer to help us find her. We started walking and we ran into a group of her neighbors. We asked if they knew where she was. One young boy said yes he knew! He said she was at a house just down the street. We started towards that house, and around the corner came Danizia!! Literally no more than 2 minutes after that prayer! She said she was so sorry for being so late, and that she was all ready to go. We made it to the interview, and she was baptized that next day!! It was a witness to me that Heavenly Father is always listening to our prayers and is always ready to answer them.
 
Well! I don't have much more time today, but I will have lots of exciting news next week about my new island of Brava!!! I love you all!!
 
Love,
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment