Monday, December 2, 2013

Oi Familia week 47

December 2, 2013
Praia

Oi Família!!!!!

That is so exciting that you have the Christmas tree up!!! And non stop Christmas music playing!! Haha :) I cannot believe that it is already December!!! Part of that is because time has gone SO fast! And part of that is also because it is still warm and sunny here! We are singing lots of Christmas music, and Christmas lights are going up here in Praia as well! Each night we see more and more outside of our window! And every day this month, our district is doing our own version of Christmas caroling! Every day we go to a member´s house and sing a Christmas song with them and leave them with a prayer! It is so fun!! :)

Hey and guess what!! I made cachupa!!! It was De-li-cious!!! Haha. I will make it for you after my mission :)

This week Joaquim was baptized!!!! He is so awesome!! He is from Guine-Bissau and he just moved here a couple months ago. He was so prepared and ready to be baptized before we ever  even started teaching him! He lives in a very sad house and has next to nothing as far as money goes. But you would never ever guess that by seeing or talking to him. He is so happy and so grateful for all that he does have! And from the very beginning, he always told us that he knew that God loves him and blesses him every day with the things he needs. And he was basically already living all the commandments and everything. He just needed someone to help him find the truth! We taught him everything, and he just soaked it all up! Then last sunday, we said something about how he would be baptized that saturday. He got really worried and said "Saturday?? Oh no! I thought it was sunday!" He then told us how he had work all day every day except for sunday, so he didn't know how he could make it there. (He works all day to just barely make ends meet) But then he sat and thought for a moment and said "No. My salvation is more important than my job. I'll be there saturday" :) Then saturday came and he was all ready to go before we even passed by to pick him up! He had the biggest smile in the world that whole day! It made me so happy!  

I don't think I can say enough how much I love being a missionary!! I get to see so many blessings and miracles in the lives of these people!!! It is the BEST!!!! :)

I love you all so much!!!! 

Love,
Sister Turley :)

P.S. 23 Days until CHRISTMAS!!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment