Monday, November 18, 2013

Oi Familia week 45

November 18, 2013
Praia, Sis. Lopes

Oi Familia!!!!

It sounds like you all had a great week over at Time Out For Women! The speakers sounded like they were all very good and that it all went really well! I like the pictures you sent too :) And that is cool that you got to hear Brad Wilcox! We had a couple of his talks on a sister's ipod in our house a few transfers back- and he is great! And that is great that Dad's talk when so well on Sunday! I wish I could have heard it! :)

This week was good! And it ended with Sister Lopes making cachupa today! It was deeeelicious!! Haha :) She is the best! I love serving here in Praia! The ward is so so so helpful! Oh! And I am teaching piano again! It is a little easier this time around because my Portuguese has gotten better since last time- So hopefully I won't teach about how important potatoes are important in playing piano this time ;) 

Right now we are working with quite a few families! I love teaching families! The hardest part about families though, is that marriage is a really hard concept for them to accept here. Even couples who have been living together for years and years and already have several kids still have a hard time deciding to get married. But it really has made me gain more of an appreciation for marriage and families and temples! The Lord has His way for us to have families here on earth as well as for eternity- and we are so blessed when we choose to follows His way! We are working with an older couple named Vivi and Joao. They are so sweet! Right now they are working towards getting married!! They already have they papers just about done, and so they'll be getting married (and baptized!) next month! It is such a blessing getting to watch them work towards that! What a blessing for their family!!! :)

Well there is SO much I wish I could say, but so little time!!!! I love being a missionary!! I love this church! I love our Savior Jesus Christ! And I love all of you!!! 

Love,
Sister Turley :)

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about her observations. What an amazing time to be alive, seeing these young people serving so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete