Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Oi Familia week 36... and TRANSFERS!

September 17, 2013
Tarrafal, Santiago, Cape Verde

Oi Familia!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I am a day late emailing! I never got a chance to use internet because......... I was traveling to TARRAFAL!!!!!!!!! After 7 months in Espargos, I have been transferred to a new area. It was SO hard leaving Sal though! 7 months is a long time to get to know and love all those people there! And Sal has  grown SO much in the time I've been there! We went from having 1 branch just in Espargos, to 2 in Espargos and 1 in Santa Maria! We have 2X the number of missionaries! Sal is part of a stake (the Mindelo stake) instead of a district, and it is well on it's way to becoming it's own district apart from Mindelo! It has been the best getting to watch it all happen! I love Sal and I am going to miss it!! It was bitter sweet though because that really is a long time, and I am way excited for a new area! 

But before I tell you a little about my new area, I have the BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!! Remember Ana and Manuel?? Well. At the beginning of last week, she told us she had news for us, but Manuel wasn't there so she wanted to wait. Sister Barros and I were hoping and praying SO MUCH that that news would be what we've been trying to get them to do for weeks now. We could hardly wait to go back!! When we finally went back a few days later, we taught a little bit and then Ana said she had something to say. She said she had been thinking a lot and that she wanted to do what was best for Manuel, so she would... GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!! Sister Barros and I just about exploded with happiness right then and there!! And Manuel just laughed at all of us with the biggest smile in the world on his face. After that, she added that she would still have her religion, and Manuel would have his. But they both know that getting married is something that needs to happen, and they are willing to do it now!!! Ok. Well if that news wasn't good enough, we went back Sundaynight (my VERY last appointment in Espargos!!) and talked with them a bit about getting their papers ready for the wedding and some other stuff too. At the end, Ana said she had MORE news for us!!! She said she had been thinking and praying a whole lot. She didn't feel good at all about getting married and having two different religions. And she loves talking to us, and she loves going to this church, and she knows it is all true. She is just afraid of what other people at her church will say and think, and she just doesn't know if she is ready to make such a big change in her life. But she decided she needs to do what is right for HER! And she KNOWS with everything in her that this is it!!!! SO SHE IS GETTING BAPTIZED TOOOOOO!!!!!!! Oh man! I seriously cannot even say how happy I was to hear that!!!!! It was seriously the best way in the world to leave Sal!! Well the best and the worst because I won't get to see it actually happen!! But I am just so happy for the two of them!!! They have come SO far and we can see such a difference in them! :) :) :)

So now, just a little bit about TARRAFAL!! It looks like the EXACT OPPOSITE of Espargos! Everything is so green and there are all these mountains everywhere! I flew to Praia, but then you have to drive to the other side of the island to get to Tarrafal. And it is the most beautiful drive ever!!! I took lots of pictures, but the pictures don't do it justice! My companion is Sister Willey! She is from Utah and is in her third transfer. She seems awesome and I am excited to work with her! I will have to write more about the area later because I really have even seen much of it yet or met very many people because I just got here last night, but what I have seen and heard makes me so excited to be here!!! 

Have an awesome week!!! I love you all lots!!!!

Love,
Sister Turley :)







No comments:

Post a Comment