Sal, Cape Verde
Oi familia!!!!
Tudo bem?? It sounds like you all had another fun week with concerts and camping and everything else! That is crazy that Parker leaves on his mission so soon! He will be great!!! :)
Looks like I've got another six weeks here in Sal! And none of us 4 sisters changed! So I am still with Sister Barros, and Sister Cowley and Sister Camilo are still in area 2 :) And I am still in my same little branch that refers to me either as "Sister who likes to smile" or "Sister Tourista"... Haha :)
This week we had another baptism!!!!!! Claudia was baptized!!!! She is so sweet. She always makes me happy to go talk to. And she had absolutely no problems the whole time we taught her- She was a miracle!! Our only worry was that she is currently over 7 months pregnant. She looks like she is going to pop any day!,We worried about how in the world we would get her into the water and baptized!! There are some baptisms I've been to that they've had to put them under the water 5 or 6 times because of wrong words, or hair or clothes sticking out. And Claudia seriously has the biggest belly in the world right now! And she is far enough along that she definitely cannot afford to be put under the water more than once! But everything went perfectly! We stuck a chair in the font to help her step in, and everyone helped her to keep her balance and not slip or anything. Then it only took one try! And she looked just so happy when she came up out of the water! Just beaming!!
We also had an AMAZING lesson this week! One of the best I have ever had!! It was with a woman named Anna. We taught her just about prayer a few days ago. She made it VERY clear to us that she is, and always will be, Catholic. She is more than happy to talk to us, but nothing more than that. I wasn't even sure that we should try to go back with the way that lesson went! But we did. We taught the first lesson- about prophets and Jesus Christ and the apostacy and Joseph Smith... I was SO nervous as we taught about the apostacy and Joseph Smith, and how this is the only true church. Both Sister Barros and I bore testimony at the end, and then invited her to pray about what we had taught. She said she would. Then she said how last time we taught her, she just felt so happy. She didn't know how to describe it, except that it was like nothing she'd ever felt before. She said that she has always seen the missionaries walk in front of her house and around the city, and always has felt like she should talk to them. But she never has until we started talking to one day in the street. The spirit was SO strong in that room!! It was a miracle!! Sister Barros and I left her house with the biggest smiles in the world on our faces!! We didn't even know what to say or do after that! It truly is so amazing to see how the Lord has prepared these people. And it is such a blessing to be a part of this work here! I just love it!!! :)
I love you all so much!! And I know without a doubt this church is so true! :)
Love,
Sister Turley
Here's us with Claudia :)
And here is a picture of my cute filha with our baptism font. It is real fancy now! It used to be just that blue tank part. Now we have stairs to get in and a nice little wall around it!
Me and Sister Barros :)
This is how they get their water here. There are these blue buildings around the city that have running water. Every few days everyone takes their wheelbarrow here with jugs to fill up and bring back to their house. By the way... We DO have running water in our own house :) But it is very unusual to have running water in your house.
No comments:
Post a Comment