Sal, Cape Verde
Sister Barros
Oi Familia!!!
It sounds like you all had a fun week with the concerts and the fair and everything! That is way cool that Jaela can play piano so well! We will definitely have to play some duets when I come home :) I will have to play duets with her and with Mom! Until the piano shakes! Haha :) That is also cool that you are doing 2 weeks of "missionary days"! Remember how we asked the Elders in our ward what they possibly do for 2 hours of study ever day? Now I wish we had more study time! As far as exercising goes, the 4 of us sisters go running every day. There's a track by our house we go to, which is nice because we can all run at our own pace and also because running on cobblestone is not fun! It's just asking for us to fall flat on our faces! It is only the rainy season here if you count the 2 times that it has barely sprinkled for maybe 3 minutes at the most. I miss the rain!! I think one of our members said it'll rain more here in Sal later in September.
This week was good!! The best thing that happened was.... Aritson was baptized!!!! We found Aritson last transfer- Sister Camilo was saying how much she wished we could find and teach and baptize some one who could be a worthy priesthood holder (because our little branches are definitely in need of them!), and literally only about 30 seconds after she said that, Aritson came up to us in the street and we started talking! Then Sister Barros and I have been teaching him for a few weeks now. He is amazing!! He had a little problem with alcohol, well kind of a big problem. But as he learned about the word of wisdom and about everything else, he completely stopped right away! After he was baptized on saturday, he bore his testimony in front of everybody. It was one of the sweetest most sincere testimonies I've ever heard! It just made me so so happy!!! Those are the moments that make me so grateful and so happy to be here!
I love you lots!
Love,
Sister Turley :)
P.S. Remember * grandma that wouldn't give permission for her grandkids to be baptized? We are friends now. Here's a picture of her :)
That's so wonderful!!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is so beautiful--from the inside out!
ReplyDeleteThank you, thank you,
ReplyDeleteit is!
and
She truly is :)