I love you all so much! Love, Sister Turley :)
Serving an 18 month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Cape Verde Praia Mission, and loving it!
Monday, February 18, 2013
Oi Familia!!! Week #6
Oi Familia!!!
This time tomorrow I'll be on a plane on my way to CAPE VERDE!!!! That is so crazy!! I can't believe it's here already! It is going to be a crazy next couple of days! We have been singing "Waka waka... we're going to AFRICA!" and "One day more!" (from Les Mis!) basically nonstop. I got your packages! Thank you thank you! I am leaving some things with Sister Wilson's family in provo. So when you come to Utah next you can just stop by and get it :) Oh and I am feeling so much better now by the way! And did I mention I'm almost on my way to AFRICA??? You know... just in case you forgot! :)
There are seriously so many missionaries here! It is fantastic but I have no idea how they are going to fit every in here over the next couple months. Or just the next couple weeks! They added another bunk bed to every room (which already had 2 bunk beds and were already tiny!). Somehow Sister Wilson and I lucked out and have had our room to ourselves for 5 weeks! But then this past week we got 4 more sisters! It is so packed in there! But the other 4 girls are going to Chile!! :)
You know how half my district is going to Brazil? Well their visas still haven't come, and their reassignments haven't come either. So they are staying here for at least another week. It is definitely a bummer deal, but they are all being so great about it. I wish they could all just come to Cape Verde with us! I have the best district and it'll be sad to leave half of them here! Some missionaries in our branch are reassigned to Washington though! But Spokane, not Kennewick.
Sister Wilson and I got to teach the lesson in our District Meeting yesterday. It went so well! It was on the Atonement. I can't remember exactly what it's called- but you should look up mormon messages by topic on lds.com and under Jesus Christ there is one that is an Easter message. It is SO GOOD. After that we read a couple scriptures and shared a few thoughts and our testimonies. The spirit was so strong in that room! I love the gospel so much! I am SO EXCITED to go teach it! Seriously it is the best thing ever being here :)
And I finished the Book of Mormon yesterday! That is by far the fastest I've ever read it on my own. And I am so glad I did! My favorite chapter (well... one of my favorites I guess) is Ether 12. I love how it says that faith brings about miracles. All miracles in the scriptures have been brought about because of the faith of the people. And we can see miracles in our own lives every single day when we have faith and endure to the end.
I wish I could write faster! But my time is up for now. But I will talk to you for reals tomorrow!!
I love you all so much! Love, Sister Turley :)
I love you all so much! Love, Sister Turley :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment