Oi Familia!!!!!!
I cannot believe it is almost June already!! And today I started my LAST TRANSFER!!!! I am staying right here in Boa Vista with Sister Turner! We heard a rumor from our zone leader that one of us was leaving, and we were SO nervous all week!! We love this area!!! So we are both pretty darn excited to stay here!
(Yeah apparently I was supposed to LEAVE!!!!! Our zone leader told us last week that one of us was leaving, and today he said it was supposed to be meeeee! Luckily Pai Celestial loves me and heard my prayers to stay!!!! I would have been happy going or staying- I know it's all inspired- but I really really really wanted to stay right here!!!!)
It is pretty amazing to see the Lord's hand in this work here. Yesterday, our last lesson fell. It was already dark, and we couldn't really find anyone at home. Sister Turner said we should go visit Sonia, a less active who NEVER has time for us, and who we haven't tried to visit in a long time. We passed by her house and this man we've never seen stuck his out of the second story window and said Sonia was sleeping and we should come back another day. He saw our nametags and asked if we were missionaries. We said yes! And that we'd come back the next day to talk to him and Sonia. He said ok, and we started walking away. Then he said "WAIT! Can I tell you something?? 1 Nephi 3:7!" He went on to recite the whole verse for us! Sister Turner and I just looked at each other thinking "Who is this guy?!?" Come to find out he is a member! He was baptized on another island years ago and has been inactive for a long time. He just came to Boa Vistaon saturday! What are the chances?? It is impossible for stuff like that to just be a coincidence! The Lord led us right to this less active! It was a miracle!! It is times like that that I just love being a missionary!!
No comments:
Post a Comment