Monday, May 12, 2014

Oi Familia!!!!!!!!!!!! week 70

May 12, 2014

Oi Familia!!!!
It was SO GOOD to talk to all of you yesterday!!! And mom I hope you had a good rest of your mother's day!
Like I said, this past week we spent a few days in Sal for zone conference!! The plane from Boa Vista to Sal is literally less that 10 or 15 minutes! You go up in the air and RIGHT back down!

But oh my goodness!! This was one of the BEST zone conferences I have ever been to! Mine and Sister Turner's training went really well, along with everything else! It was SO spiritual and SO uplifting and just SO GOOD!!! One thing that I really enjoyed about it was how much we focused on how important the spirit is in missionary work and just in life in general. That is really something I have learned over the course of my whole mission here. After we are baptized and confirmed, we are all promised that we can always have the spirit with us. And that is one of the greatest promisses we could possibly have!! But we have to qualify ourselves to have it. When we do qualify ourselves for the spirit, and do our best to follow it, we will always have peace in our lives. Even when we have the hardest challenges, we will still feel that peace in our lives. We will also always be happy because we will not be content with where we are. We will want to progress! We will want to become more Christlike! We will want to become the person that Heavenly Father wants us to be! And if we are willing and if we have the spirit with us, our Heavenly Father will help us to do all those things and become that person. It is pretty incredible!!
It was also so great to be in Sal and get to visit my recent converts and some members!!! One family I got to see was Ana and Manuel who are all married and baptized now!! They are happier than ever! Manuel was just called as the first counselor in the branch presidency, and Ana is the Relief Society secretary! They are doing so much good and helping to keep that branch up on it's feet!
And then this past saturday we found..... MANGOS!!!!! Mangos don't grow here in Boa Vista, so the members have all been telling us that they wouldn't get here from other islands until July! But I will be HOME in July! But the mangos have arrived!!!!! Haha. I really love mangos. ;)
And I really love being a missionary :) And I really love all of you!!! Have a good week!
Love,
Sister Turley








No comments:

Post a Comment