October 21, 2013
Week 41
Tarrafal, Sister Willey
Oi Familia!!!!!!
It is always so good to hear from you! And I like the pictures you sent! But I can't believe the leaves are already falling! And it is almost November!! That means it is almost Christmas!!!! It is still warm and sunny here ;) Except for the occasional monsoon! ;)
This week was SO good!!! So many things to be happy about :) I just love being a missionary!!
We had another zone conference with the mission president, but this time it was in Assomada instead of Praia. And it was one of the best zone conferences I have been to! The trainings were all so good! And the spirit was just so strong! And we always start our zone conferences singing Called to Serve, and it is the BEST!!!
One lady we are working with right now is named Cuca. She has been very hard to find, and we have been thinking about just taking her off our list. But this week we finally found her. We still kind of thought she wasn't very interested in listening to our message, but we started teaching her again anyway. We sat down with her, said a prayer, and immediately she said her life had changed because of the Book of Mormon! She said she started reading it, and so many miracles started happening! She went on to tell us all these stories, all of which she said were thanks to the Book of Mormon! It was absolutely amazing!! When she finished her story, Sister Willey and I just looked at each other with the biggest smiles in the world on our faces! It is so true!!! The Book of Mormon is for US!!! It is such a blessing in our lives if we will just take the time to read it! I love this church and I love the Book of Mormon!!
I love you all lots!!
Love,
Sister Turley :)
P.S. Hey!!!!! I forgot to write it in my email!! But our ward SPLIT this week!!!!! We have a ward and a branch now!!!! SOO EXCITING!!!!!!!
P.P.S.And guess how many missionaries they have here!!!! Like people from Tarrafal serving in other parts of the world!!!!
P.P.P.S. EIGHT!!!! Just from this little city!!!!!
P.P.P.P.S. Gilson passed the sacrament yesterday :)
*no pictures this week... so, I here is a picture from a couple weeks ago that she sent to be a part of a wedding proposal video for a friend. :) It shows the lush Cape Verde and incredible waters there...
and of course, beautiful Jaime :)

No comments:
Post a Comment