Monday, October 7, 2013

Oi Familia week 39

Day after October 6, 2013
Tarrafal, Santiago, Cape Verde

Oi Familia!!!!

I did get to watch all of conference! And I do agree that it was SO good!!! Conference is always the best! I did really like Elder Holland's talk too! It was pretty different, but something that I think everyone can relate to in some way or another. It was a good talk. But they were all good!! I just love conference!! And I could understand SO much more this time around! Still not everything, because they talk reeeally fast in Brazilian accents. But I could understand just about everything! One talk I liked was Pres Monson's talk. How he talked about how we responded to adversity. Will we face our trials and ask ourselves, Will I give up? Or will I continue? And how we don't need trials in order to remember Christ. We should remember Him at ALL times! Not just the hard times! 

This week we taught a lot about prophets to help get our investigators ready for conference. It was pretty fun! How cool is that that we have our own prophet today to guide us like Moses and all the other ancient prophets?? Except it is even better because he is our prophet TODAY! We don't just have to read what was revealed and taught to people thousands of years ago. We get to hear what Heavenly Father wants us to hear right now!!! It is a pretty awesome to be able to teach about Christ and the restoration and Joseph Smith, and then to not just have to leave it at that. We get to tell these people that there is a living prophet named Thomas S. Monson!! 

Well that's about all I have time for this week. But I am still loving being a missionary in my new area here!! The people are just so ready to embrace the gospel! And it is the best getting to see the difference the gospel makes in their lives!! I love you all lots!!

Love,
Sister Turley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment