Monday, July 15, 2013

Oi Familia! Week 27

July 15, 2013

Happy monday family!!

It is always so good to hear from you all! That is cool that you've been using PMG for FHE- that is what I use every day here you know! ;) The language is coming! It is far from perfect, but as long as it is actually Portuguese and not Creole, I can usually speak and understand just about everything. Creole... that's another story. It's coming along too though! I can actually understand quite a bit now when they are speaking creole. And I do have to agree that year round summer weather is pretty nice here! It sounds like you all had fun with girls camp and all those concerts this week! 

This week we've been working a whole lot with our recent converts and less-actives. There are SO many less actives here. Like, Sal would probably already be a stake if they all actually came to church. There is one less active that we have been working with for a long time now. He was a super strong member when I got here, but then something happened and he just stopped about 2 months ago. We couldn't figure out what was wrong or how to help. About two weeks ago, we finally found out what had happened to make him stop coming, but we still couldn't get through to him. But on saturday, we had probably one of the best lessons I have ever had here. We talked about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how Christ is always extending his hand to us- especially in our hardest times. I honestly don't even remember most of what we said. I just know that it was absolutely the spirit speaking and teaching- not us. We left, hoping that he had felt what we had felt. And then yesterday, he showed up at church!!! It made me SO happy inside to finally see him there again! This gospel is just so true! When we do our best to understand and apply it to our lives, it truly works miracles!

I love you all lots!!!

Love,
Sister Turley :)



1 comment: